Sunday, March 6, 2022

On the charts March 6, 1982 and notes on international charts

40 years ago today, "Pac-Man Fever" was #14 (up 4) on the Billboard Hot 100, #11 (up 5) on Cash Box Top 100 Singles, and peaked at #3 (up 2) on Record World Singles.



I've done some digging into non-American charts and found that "Pac-Man Fever" appears to have not charted in Australia or the United Kingdom.

Finding information for non-English-speaking countries has proven extremely difficult for me. I found one site that claimed "Pac-Man Fever" peaked on the French chart at #2. It also said the song was #64 on the 1982 year-end chart in Brazil. I couldn't confirm either.

I did, however, find information on the performance of "Pac-Man Fever" on the RPM 50 Singles Chart in Canada. The song debuted there on March 6, 1982 at #47. It appears Pac-Man Fever did NOT place on RPM's album chart for Canada at all.

There was also a CBC singles chart for Canada in 1982, but I've been unable to find any archive of it, so I'll only be posting the RPM info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last play on American Top 40

Forty years ago today, "Pac-Man Fever" was played for the last time on American Top 40. It was a "Long Distance Dedication&qu...