Saturday, August 6, 2022

Week 43: Pac-Man Fever CD (1999)

After years of people asking about Pac-Man Fever on CD, Buckner & Garcia decided to re-record the entire album and release it on CD themselves. You see, CBS owns the original recordings and refused all requests for them.




Since CDs don't have record sleeves, to try to repeat the original experience of buying the album, the first 300 people to order also got a printed copy of the patterns from there original album, signed by both Buckner & Garcia. (Sadly, it doesn't fit well in the case.)



Here's the envelope and my receipt for the 1999 Pac-Man Fever CD. I was order #3!




But wait, there's more! Early orderers also got an 8x10 of the Buckner & Garcia promotional photo, mailed separately.


While they were working on the re-recordings, I was contacted by Mike Stewart looking for arcade sound samples. You can read more about that on my siteAnd, he also sent me a note about using the lyrics from my #PacManFever site for Gary to sing from. You can also read about that on my site.

Finally, he sent me some photos from the recording session(s). I don't think I've ever shared these two of Mike & Gary and Gary & Jerry before.



Update: So it turns out I had forgotten that Buckner & Garcia used the latter photo on their website back in '99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last play on American Top 40

Forty years ago today, "Pac-Man Fever" was played for the last time on American Top 40. It was a "Long Distance Dedication&qu...